Roma Update

7 Mar

Here is a list of my favorites:

1. Campo de Fiori – fresh fruit from the market and people watching by the huge fountain.

2. Pizza Biaca – Warm bread with salt and olive oil

3. Sally Bogus

4. Ancient Rome – the Coliseum was incredible

5. Italian coffee

6. Getting soaked in a rain storm

7.The art in Vatican City was breaktaking.  It covered the walls and ceiling of each room.

8. Making dinner in Sally’s Roman apartment.

9. Eating Gelato on the stairs by the Pantheon.

10. Breakfast at our hostel while talking to travellers from all over the world.  Some people are so brave.  I met a girl who is only 18 and she is teaching English in Italy for two months and then travelling by herself for one month.

We had beautiful weather while we were in Rome.  I am amazed by this city and its historical culture.  Sally told us the legend of the founders of Rome – The legend says that there were twins, Romulus and Remus (around 700 BC), who were raised by a she wolf.  They discovered Rome together but had a dispute on where to build the city.  The dispute ended in Romulus killing Remus.  The symbol for the twins are all over the city.

8 Responses to “Roma Update”

1. Lisa March 7, 2010 at 10:52 am #

Hey, Michele….wow, your trip is off to an exciting start. As I read your list of favorites, i could imagine you and appreciate each one. I’ll be praying for you precious one. I love you!

2. Dad March 7, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Michele, great to hear from you. Sounds like Rome was the first wonderful experience in a long series. We love you and are praying for you and your trip. Tell Sally hi!

3. Uncle Rob March 7, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

Not only are you getting all of the wonderful history, but Italian coffee, bread and olive oil mmm. Just be careful of those Italian Boyz with their Vino, Cappuccino, and Valentino. Ha Ha

4. Jo March 9, 2010 at 4:19 am #

You make me want some pizza biaca. Rome sounds FUN! I love you, have a fun time. Drink alot of tea for me in London. I’m eating some lentil vegetable soup right now, it’s really good, mom made it. I love you bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Mom March 9, 2010 at 5:22 am #

Hey Michele, Did you wave to the Pope? Or go to Mass at his church? I remember how beautiful Vatican City was indeed! Talking with all the new people you meet will be so much fun and memorable! Jo wanted me to add that we just finished reading about Florence Nightingale, so when you get to Florence, look up her history….quite the strong-willed lady, thought only of others! Still praying for you and yours! Love you!

6. Mom March 10, 2010 at 6:07 am #

Hi Michele. Hey, I forgot to mention something in my last comment to you. With all the beauitful sights you’re getting to take in, we received a beautiful thing in the mail yesterday. It was a wedding announcement for a girl named Joy Anna Pasma. Anyone you know? NICE job! They are gorgeous! You should be very proud!

7. Sally March 13, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

Glad that I am only number 3! haha I love you Michelephant! I am so glad that you were able to come visit.

8. Joelle March 17, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

Man, sounds wonderful! Warm bread olive oil and salt- sounds like our favorite